Since the advent of computing in the 1940s, there has been a major computing cycle every 10-15 years, including PCs in the ‘80s, the internet in the ‘90s, and mobile computing in the ‘00s. We believe blockchains will power the next major computing cycle, which we call web3.
Most computing cycles have “golden eras” when the right mix — including new talent, viable infrastructure, and community knowledge — comes together. For example, with mobile computing, the golden era was 2009-11, when companies like Uber, Venmo, Snap, and Instagram were started. Golden eras are when legendary teams are formed, big ideas are hatched, and great products get built.
We think we are now entering the golden era of web3. Programmable blockchains are sufficiently advanced, and a diverse range of apps have reached tens of millions of users. More importantly, a massive wave of world-class talent from companies like Meta, Google, Amazon, etc has entered web3 over the last year. They are brilliant and passionate and want to build a better internet.
That’s why we decided to launch Wagmi, a web3 venture studio. Wagmi is going to build the next generation of infrastructure companies to drive blockchain adoption. We bring together visionary ideas, exceptional talent, and investment capital to build world-changing companies.
I’ve raised 3.000.000€ from Inveready, Bit2Me and other investors. We’re going to use these funds to launch four web3 startups during the next two years. We are excited about opportunities in DeFi, decentralized social media, self-sovereign identity, tools for web3 companies, DAOs & governance, NFT communities, privacy, creator monetization, regenerative finance, decentralized content & story creation, and many other areas.
We want to convince the best entrepreneurs to launch web3 opportunities that we really believe can change the world. Our main goals are:
- Help people and businesses adopt web3 with fintech-like user experiences. Crypto businesses face a significant barrier when it comes to widespread adoption. The user experience is complicated and not at all easy or intuitive for people new to the crypto economy.
- Provide deep understanding of how traditional finance works. Blockchain platforms can bring trust, efficiency, and value to the real economy, but it takes a deep understanding of how the traditional financial system works to be able to disrupt.
- Drive Mass Adoption. People and businesses are increasingly recognizing the open source Ethereum community's innovations in creating new ways to save, store, send, and earn money.
We are building a core team that will participate as a funding team in each one of our portfolio of companies. They will help entrepreneurs turn our idea into a company ready to scale, also we contribute to fundraising, growth strategies and talent management, providing experience and knowledge. Our operating functions include:
- Product, research and engineering, which helps our companies solve their most important technical and ux challenges in areas like cryptography, mechanism design, protocol design, and tokenomics; as well as conducting original research to advance the science and technology of the next generation of the internet.
- Security, which helps in areas like key management, smart contract auditing, and formal verification, along with application and infrastructure security.
- Talent and people, which helps with recruiting executive, technical, and product talent, plus developing organizational frameworks to support scaling.
- Legal and regulatory, which helps our portfolio companies navigate regulatory uncertainty, and charts pathways for DAOs and decentralization.
- Go-to-market, which helps with marketing, communications, content, growth, strategic partnerships, and more.
We are going to build the next generation of the internet. Please reach out to us if you’re a founder, developer, creator, or any other type of builder in web3 — we’re excited to meet you.
Búsqueda por tags
Apúntate a nuestra newsletter
Siguen las nuevas tendencias en Fintech e Insurtech